Check Power Quality now!
It is an important basis for trouble-free, low-wear and energy-efficient operation.
Flicker, voltage dips, production stops
Disturbances of the electrical power supply are not always clearly visible. Sometimes it is the result of increased energy consumption or the premature wear of equipment. The resulting costs and investments often burden the operation of a plant considerably.
Particularly unbalanced loads and power electronics have risen rapidly in the last years due to technical progress and automation. Sensitive control electronics reacts sensitively to harmonics and other disturbing factors in the power supply.
Overview of measurement values
- Voltage L-N / L-PEN / L-L (depending on grid type)
- Current of the three phases
- Current of the Neutral (including unbalance and zero sequence harmonics)
- Active, Reactive and Apparent Power
- Power Factor and Displacement Power Factor
- Frequency and Voltage Unbalance
- Harmonic Current and Voltage up to 50th order
- Interharmonic Current and Voltage up to 50th order and above (9 or 20 kHz, depending on equipment)
- Voltage Transients up to 1 MHz
- Short- and Long Term Flicker
Our Approach: Disturbances + PQ Analysis = Zero Problems
With our power quality measurement, we are investigating your electrical power grid with regard to conducted interferences. Causes can be detected problems or a precautionary investigation. The relevant measurement values will be recorded by our power quality analyzers according to EN 61000-4-30. On the basis of the results of the measurements, we carry out an assessment of the power quality and create a comprehensive and meaningful measurement report for you.
Prior to the installation of the measuring devices, it will be agreed with the customer, which standards will be considered in the evaluation of power quality. These are usually EN 61000-2-2, EN 61000-2-4, EN 50160 or the D-A-CH-CZ directive. Further standards, like IEEE519 or G5/4 and factory standards can be taken into account if required.
The measurement report contains the following evaluations and documentation:
- Actual status of the test object (photos and descriptions)
- Documentation of the measurement (photos, overview diagram, switch settings, load condition, etc.)
- General descriptions of the measurement and the problems
- Documentation of conspicuous values and limit violations
- Explanations of disturbances and distortion values
- Recommendations for further action
Instructions for an optimal measurement result:
- The customer is responsible for providing the measuring taps and the power supply for the measuring devices as well as for securing it against unauthorized access.
- Each measurement is carried out only at protected current and voltage taps (measuring voltages up to a maximum of 690 V nominal voltage).
- Representative load conditions must be set up, to provide a good data basis.
- Please keep the documentation available for all objects, to be inspected.